Write that code, fix those bugs, draw some sprites… and the game looks better!
After some time from when I released Cyber Wars 2′s Trial Version, it’s time to post some new screenshots and news.
Let’s start talkin’ about news. Of course I tried to improve the game, and guess what? I did it. I added few features to the game’s graphics and gameplay. I’m also working on something… bigger.
- Enemy cloacking system improved – Now enemies will fade in/out depending on their distance to your position.
- Miscellaneous graphics improvements - Here are some:
- Changed health pickups’ graphics.
- Both blue bars and blocks will change their color during the game.
- Few obstacles added – Now there are some blue bars that will block the character and the alien enemies, but won’t stop the character’s lasers. They also will make level’s design change a bit.
- Snapshot feature added – Now it is possible to take snapshots by pressing F9.
Screenshots (click on a picture to enlarge it):
Knoc knoc, CyberWars 2′s Trial Version is here!
As I told you in my last post, CyberWars 2′s Trial Version is ready. I worked a lot, and finally I can show you something. As I wrote in the previous posts there are 18 levels and two Boss Battles right now. However in this version you will find only six levels – I’m keeping the other ones for the big release – and a help screen. So, get in your starfighter and start shooting!
After a long time, I can finally say it: my current project is CyberWars 2 !
I worked very hard to make this game, using all the time I had (not so much, I have to say) to complete at least the Trial Version. Now it’s ready and I’m going to publish it very soon. Meanwhile, I’m working on the full project. As you can see, the Website’s domain is changed: it took me some days, but I’m proud of it.
Now I can focus on the project. I’m doing my best to publish this game, and I’m pretty sure you will have fun with it. Stay tuned, big news are incoming!
After a very long time, finally I can write something about the game. So, I have some good news for you:
- The second Boss Battle is completed.
- There are now three playable Worlds (18 levels).
- There will be some dynamic obstacles in the third World.
- Some enemies will come outta the f*****g walls!
And now some Trivia:
- The second Boss Battle made me go crazy. My keyboard knows that.
- It took me an hour just to fix a little glitch.
- The graphics took me half an hour and was modified three times more.
- It was the hardest enemy to program, it took me about five hours.
- I used this song to keep my mind working.
- I didn’t drink any coffee while working – That’s a record.
Stay tuned, ’cause there is more stuff incoming!
I haven’t forgotten about my latest Project! I’m still working on it and finally, after some days of hard work, I can post some flash news:
- The second Boss Battle is almost ready. I’m already thinking about the third one.
- There are fifteen levels right now. Two worlds and three stand-alone levels.
- There is a short tutorial-level that explains how the game works.
- Game’s trial version is ready, I’m just creating suspense.
And now, the best news ever! We’re talking about the game’s Soundtrack.
- Enick is working on the Soundtrack, as he did for CyberWars.
- The Soundtrack will consist in a simple background melody, but there will be many fancy effects occurring during the game – you will like it.
- Actually I’m very proud of Enick’s work.
So we have some new information right now… I’m having a lot of fun creating this game, and I hope you will enjoy playing it!
Here I am again with some good news about my current project, just for you!
After some full-working days, I can finally say that the Game’s demo is ready. I’m waiting for Enick to send me the soundtrack, then I’ll publish the trial version. Meanwhile, I’m still working on the project.
This is what I have right now:
- Thirteen playable levels (two completed “worlds” and a single level).
- The first Boss Battle level.
- The second Boss Battle’s concept.
- Seven different kinds of enemies.
- Special items.
- A cameo from CyberWars.
A piece of cake.
However this is just some generic information, I will post more soon. So stay tuned and keep following Arctic Games!
Here I am, guys! Soon I’m going to post a little playable demo of my current project (which is still untitled). I’m just waiting for Enick, “my” musician, to send me the soundtrack he’s creating for the game.
And now, it’s time for some random informations about the game:
- The levels are in “worlds”, each one contains six levels and a boss battle.
- In the demo you will try the first group of levels, but not the boss battle.
- You won’t be able to play the old levels, at least for now.
- There is a secret object in each level, you have to find it.
- Unknown error: this message was killed by Bishop.
- If you like CyberWars, you will probably like this game too.
- The project started as a CyberWars’ sequel, I changed my mind lots of times.
I can’t wait, I’d like to publish the demo right now… unfortunatly I can’t. By the way, it will be published soon, so stay tuned!
Reminder: You can check this post to see some snapshots from the game.